Mac OS Kurzweil

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

In class this week we took an indepth look at Kurzweil.    We learned about many of the software features including notes, and highlighting.  We also learned how to export notes, highlights to a word document.

I was following in class using my Macbook pro, a machine that I have really come to like since getting it back in the summer.  Most of the time I don’t even notice that I am not on a Windows PC.    This week though I experienced t a major difference between applications. 

First of all, from what I can see both the Windows and Mac versions of Kurzweil 3000 have the same features.  That’s the good news.  The bad news is the Mac version is not as user friendly as the Windows version.

I found the GUI of the Mac version to be very minimalist and not user friendly.  You can create toolbars but they are not as easily accessible as the windows version.  You also need to dig around the menus to find what you are looking for.  I was surprised that the out of the box experience just wasn’t there, I felt frustrated and defeated.  I am not sure that if I didn’t have access to a PC that I would stick with it.   This has taught me more patience for those struggling to use new software. 

I also found a solution and after a MAC OSX reinstall, the loss of 1 weeks worth of word documents, email, and photos I have successfully installed parallels and a copy of windows so when I just have to run a windows app I can. 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP