Misunderstood Minds Website

Wednesday, November 10, 2010



All things considered I found this to be a very interesting and informative site.  One of the first things I noticed was the way it was written.  The site authors chose to write this in plain English which makes it accessible to people who do not have a lot of experience with the subject area. 

I found the try it yourself exercises powerful, while it can never duplicate the frustrations that a person with a writing disability experiences it does help you develop a better appreciation for their struggles and empathy for them.

My only real complaint is in the length of the pages.    I found that the pages were too long.  This can be a deterrent to website visitors. Most people don’t want to visit a page and have to read screen after screen of information.  If I were designing this site I would break the pages up into several smaller pages.  This would help with the over all flow of the site and make the reader feel more comfortable. For example under the Basics of Writing I would have an introduction then create pages for the sections that followed; The developing Writer, Stages of Writing, and Neurodevelopmental Functions.

That said this is an excellent site and I would recommend it to teachers and parents who want to get some basic information about the writing process and some of the challenges and difficulties students can face with it.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP